Moto2,Aegerter:" I want to fight for victories in 2015.."

Aegerter celebrating his first victory, photo:Mirco Lazzari

This year Dominique Aegerter opened in a new way , after his first victory at the world level, at the track Sachsenring. Young Swiss is gaining momentum and   next year set to fight for victories.In exclusive interview for TWN he talked about the rivalary, first victory and plans for next season.

TWN: Are you satisfied with how  this season went for you?

D.A.:
This season was not bad for me , especially the first half, four podium and my first win at Sachsenring. The second part of the season was a bit more complicated, but I was able to finish the season in fifth place in the overall standings and earned more points than last year.

TWN: How is it to earn his first win on the world stage?

D.A.:
It's very nice. I worked hard to get a win this. Many times I have finished in the top five, sometimes on the podium, but  never won a race before. I was very pleased with my first victory.

TWN: Have you set any goals then the next season?

D.A.:
Yes, next season we will move on to the Kalex chassis, I'll stay with my current team, and of course I want to fight for podiums and victories.

TWN: What do you think about the move to Kalex?

D.A.:
It was common decision, my,teams and sponsors. We think that the new chassis will help us to be more competitive, to achieve the best possible  results and help us to easier set up the  bike.

TWN: This season you fought  a lot on the track, whom of your rivals fight was the hardest to beat?

D.A.:
I fought  with many riders in every race it was different opponents, but certainly the most difficult was with the guys from the top 5: Rabat, Kallio, Luthi and Viñales
Swiss squad of 2014: Robin Mulhauser, Thomas Luthi, Dominique Aegerter,photo:Mirco Lazzari













TWN: This year there were only three Swiss riders  in your class, are  you friends or more fighting for the title of the "best rider"?

D.A.: Next year we will have five! It's just great for a country like Switzerland, where are even no tracks,to have so many guys on world stage. We're friends, but on the track, we always fight for the positions.

TWN: This year you tested the GP class bike and rode at the GSX-R1000 at Suzuka8H, ,was it harder to adpat to bigger and heavier bikes?

D.A.:
Yes, I suddenly have the opportunity to go to Japan to participate such important for the local fans race. I was in a very good team on the GSX-R1000. It was an opportunity to ride a bike in the summer brake. We finished on the podium, it was a great experience and I have many good  memories about it.


Aegerter at Suzuka 8H, photo: speedweek.com

TWN:
  Could we see you there next year?
D.A.:
I really liked Suzuka 8H, but it was difficult because I'm trying to concentrate 100% on racing in Moto2. The race took place in the summer break, so I had enough time to recover from that. I do not know if I would go there next year, but everything is possible.


TWN:
  What do you think about Endurance as a discipline?

D.A.:
 I like this championship, because there are so many experienced riders. And everything is not built around a single rider in the team, there are two or three in every team. You need  to set  the bike so that he fits all pilots, all of them have to be fast for a long time. It is necessary to keep the pace steady eight or twenty-four hours, day and night.

TWN:  Your best memory associated with motorcycles?

D.A.:
  Of course, my first win at Sachsenring this year.

TWN:  How important is for you a good relationship with the team, or are you concentrating on the race and you don’t care what happening around you?

D.A.:
  For me it is very important to have a good relationship with the team, to be friends with everyone, it is important to work together. I always say, "We win together and we lose together."

TWN: Who would you have become unless being professional racer?

D.A.:
 I would still become a professional sportsman.

TWN:  Are you superstitious? Do you have any special rituals before the race?

D.A.:
  I'm not very superstitious. Of course I have a certain list action when I'm getting ready for the race, but if I’m in rush, I can do everything much faster.

TWN: Do you have some racing heroes?


D.A.:
Yes, of course, Valentino Rossi  is the hero of any rider, and I am no exception. Now I  like to watch Marc Marquez, very interesting to watch him on track.

Text: Anna Belkina

Коментарі

Популярні публікації